~~mok @ all rights reserved

Sunday, August 19, 2012

~~PP~~ my ~~ Blast from the Past ~~ April 7th


our Gator has picked a theme with lots of interpretations....



for me the past is not just historic places 
but memories...

I told my former mother in law recently 
that every time I pick up my cookware, 
I remember that she gave me the set 
for a wedding anniversary
It's 40 year old Revere Ware ... lol....
I am a saver of things that were given 
and 
thoughts that mean the world to me....

My brother came to visit last year with boxes 
and suitcases of things
from my mom's....

I opened this very old suitcase - 
which we used when crossing from
Hamburg to  NYC in 1966....
on the SS Hanseatic.

I found many of my old friends 
and many newer ones 
that mom loved too.... 





I recognize a few: betsy wetsy, my shirley temple doll, 
a kate kruze doll - a wedding doll named Cindy,
and my larger Penny doll.... 
there are two dolls there that I bought for mom
she had them around her bed until she died.


No comments:

Post a Comment